Tuesday 29 March 2011

Why no justice?

Sonny Bill Williams aka SUPERMAN has tried his best to take Ryan Kankowski's head off during, what I see as a dangerous tackle. Once the sighting commission had a look at the incident, they decided not to act on it as "it was not a red card offense"! What! What is that rubbish? How on earth is that 'tackle' legal? 
I am speechless at what seems to be inconsistent results that come out of these sighting commissions. 

Are the rules different from player to player or does it go as far as from country to country?

I would love to hear your comments on this matter. Feel free to view the clip first and let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't actually look all that bad to me... but then again, part of the reason for that is that in different countries we do have slightly different standards. In rugby league those sort of hits are pretty common and not really commented on. So Aussies (and to a lesser extent Kiwis) don't seem too concerned about it. In SA, nobody sees any league so it doesn't influence the way they perceive things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I have watched a bit of league and that is the norm. The South Africans look at a tackle without arms as blatant foul play. The rules do however state that you have to use your arms. Interesting perspective.

    ReplyDelete